SONAR : Into further depths

Hey, people.

Just yesterday, I revealed a few images of my upcoming arcade puzzle game - SONAR. I have been working on it since then, and I just made a few improvements into the core systems.

- The movement of the ship is changed a lot since the first version, now the movements is more of an arcade style than the realistic style.
- The pulse energy is added, longer you hold down the left mouse button, more energy will be stored into the pulse. Hence, the pulse will last much longer.
- Tracers that indicate the distances from the obstacles have been added, though this remains just as an eye candy, it's really gives you a look and feel of the sonar and computed data.

Now, let me elaborate a bit.


The movement system that was initially planned did not allow players to change the facing of the ship instantly, you must put the ship into the motion to do so, but that was highly unfair, considering the arcade genre of the game. So, I have revamped the system, making it simpler. :)


The pulse energy works exactly same as I had described earlier. Of course, the complete energy system is not implemented yet, but it will be soon.


The tracers is the biggest eye candy in the game so far, apart from smooth, antialiased, blend mode graphics. The feel of the dynamically changing numbers creates an illusion of technical interface and your computer processing some complex data that you know simply to ignore them ;)




I have added a few screenies and a gameplay video to show off to you guys. Enjoy!

And yes, I know the video is low res, but my bandwidth here is low, so please bear with me :)

See ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment